We-Europeans – Countering populism through active European Citizenship
We-Europeans aims at countering populism with the values of European citizenship.
Populism has been growing strongly throughout Europe for years. Populist parties are clearly represented in parliaments in almost all European countries and many people feel represented by populist theses and movements. Populism and political alienation are threats for all democracies in Europe. And countering populism is a challenge for political and civil society actors, educational staff, journalists and others who are confronted with populism in their professional lives, but also for European citizens who face populism in their private lives. We-Europeans gives support to both target groups.
For persons who are confronted with populism in their private life, the project offers:
- Knowledge: Thematic blog articles and information, fact check, explanatory videos about the EU and its achievements
- Get active: Discussion and argumentation aids, a series of interviews about European Citizenship, further resources
Actors from education, politics, media, science and civil society are invited to exchange and formulate common European answers to a common European problem. This should happen through networking in the form of a community of practice, through exchange, mutual learning and directed learning content in a toolbox including a MOOC, which serves concrete needs, takes up new scientific findings and considers creative, new approaches to solutions.
Funding programme: Erasmus+KA2
Project number: 2021-1-DE02-KA220-ADU-000035177
Thematic area: Active citizenship / political education
Project duration: 01.11.2021 – 30.06.2024
Websites: https://www.we-europeans.eu/ | https://hi-in.facebook.com/WeEuropeansproject/
Wisamar Bildungsgesellschaft gemeinnützige GmbH (Coordination)
Deutsche Toleranzstiftung, Germany
Open Europe, Spain
University of Aveiro, Portugal
Fundacja Autokreacja, Poland
Hellenic Institute of Cultural Development, Netherlands
Join the We-Europeans Community of Practice
- to exchange ideas with peers from all over Europe in the forum
- to read interesting blog articles and also write articles yourself
- to participate in face-to-face and online events
- to get information about the topic as well as about good practice examples in countering populism
- to participate in a MOOC on countering populism (from summer 2023).