The New Start project, funded within the Erasmus+ programme, developes teaching and learning materials for migrants and refugees. The training material promotes the acquisition of European civil and political values such as freedom, tolerance and non-discrimination through education. With this, it aims to support the integration process of migrants and refugees throughout European countries.
Funding programme: Erasmus+ KA2
Project number: 2016-1-ES01-KA204-025052
Thematic area: Integration
Project period: 2016-2019
Project website: http://www.acitassoc.org/new-start/new-start-english//
- A.C.I.T. – Asociacion Catalana Para La Internacionalizacion Talento, Spain
- Bridges Programme, United Kingdom
- CIAPE – Centro Italiano per l’Apprendimento Permanente, Italy
New Start: European culture and values training for a smooth integration of migrants and refugees
The lessons and learning materials will cover objectives such as
- European culture
- European civil rights and duties
- European dream versus reality
- European workplace
All materials are based on the expertise of participating project partners from Germany, Italy, UK and Spain as well as on collected best practice examples from other European countries.
Materialien zum Download:
- A handbook with teaching materialdownloadable and printable is meant to support teachers, trainers and those working in organisations supporting migrants and refugees in their work. It contains information about the units and different teaching techniques, tested in practice and prepared for direct using.
Downloadable friendly user version for self-learning will be also available for migrants and refugees. Click here to download handbook